New generic quick installer for Morph now available
The quick installer is a combination of the latest version of Joomla, a number of pre-installed and configured extensions that we have tried and tested to be useful time savers, along with well structured dummy content and menu items.
See it all in action on the new Vanilla themelet demo
Our aim with the generic quick installer is:
- Help you get up and running faster.
- Act as a tool that you can learn from.
- Reduce the time it takes to get a demo up.
- Showcase the extensive work on Joomla’s core layouts.
- Act as a practical example of Morph’s different page and module suffixes in action.
When developing a themelet, we use this as the starting point, so all themelets will be based on the same original content structure.
Introducing the generic quick installer for Morph
This generic Quick Installer for Morph is a packaged version of the latest Joomla 1.5.x, a number of useful, timing saving extensions as well as our own extensions installed and setup.
Everything is configured for Morph out the box, along with well structured sample content
that you can learn from.
Click here for DOWNLOAD information
Install this like you would the standard Joomla, ensuring that you select the sample content option
when installing. Once your new Joomla site is up and running, simply install Configurator, Morph and your chosen themelet and you are done.
List of the pre-installed extensions
All extensions listed below are automatically included and installed in the quick setup.
- JCE (arguably the best content editor for Joomla)
- NinjaXplorer (nifty file manager in your Joomla admin)
- Update Manager (quick and easy automatic Joomla upgrades)
- Tabs n Slides (use tabs and slides in your content)
- Advanced Modules (enhanced version of Joomla’s module manager, giving you greater control)
- Place Here (allows for publishing content items or articles in areas other than main content)
- BlogCal (module provides a calendar based index to your joomla articles)
Included JoomlaJunkie extensions
How to install the new Quick Installer
As previously mentioned, to install the Quick Installer, simply follow the same steps that you would installing Joomla normally, the only thing to remember, is to select the Sample Content option
in the installer.
In case you have never installed Joomla before
, here is the official Joomla installation guide and a “How To” video, which covers everything you need to know about installing Joomla.
Want your site to look like the themelet demo?
Now, we are aware that a generic quick installer may not always be enough, so we are going one step further.
For those of you that want your site to look closer to a specific themelet demo, we will be making small update files available, which are installed via Configurator’s uni-installer and will take you the rest of the way.
It’ll be a simple click and upload process that takes a a few seconds but will adjust the content as needed to go from generic QuickInstall demo to themelet specific demo content. (Our members can click here to read more
This is a new kind of quick installers geared towards giving you more control over how far you want to go, depending on your level of skills and interest. Let us know your thoughts below!
Tags: development, Extensions, Joomla, Morph