New stable version of Morph, Configurator and Vanilla now available
Hi guys and gals! It’s been a busy week for us and we’re happy to announce the availability of the new stable versions of Morph, Configurator and Vanilla.
We have done extensive bug fixing over the past two weeks and finally managed to eliminate some long standing issues (especially regarding interoperability).
You will notice that the versions have all incremented by 1. As you can see, looking at the change logs below, a lot of new stuff has been included which needed to be taken into account. We’ve had positive feedback from all the beta testers and we feel that this release can now be considered stable.
Recommended reading: How to upgrade your Morph powered site
Plans for future updates and releases
We are planning some changes to how we release updates
: there will always be a stable release available, which has been tried and tested with all the different themelets, but any new updates will be released as betas first. We believe this approach will mean that less issues are able to sneak into releases and the overall experience will be a lot smoother. What do you think? Let us know in the comments below – all feedback is appreciated!
We are also discussing a small change to how we version the updates
, to take into account small revisions, but we’ll post more details about this once it’s finalized.
In the mean time, here is a list of whats changed from over the past two releases:
Configurator component updated to 1.07
- Added a few more options to only show if enabled.
- Changed the built in Browser php class from ‘Browser’ to ‘MBrowser’ to avoid conflicts.
- Updated some php shortags that causing trouble on some setups.
- Refined the caching engine to be a bit more “intelligent” about what and how things are cached.
- Fixed the bug with equal heights not working.
- Fixed the bug tabs and accordions not working in the insets.
- Added new feature to automatically keep your session alive or notify when its about to time out.
- Small tweak to the dialogs styling in Configurator.
- Tweaked the installers css to accommodate the dialog updates.
- Fixed a number of windows issues that were reported in the forum.
- Updated all the paths for better interoperability.
- Fixed a bug with the cache plugin not getting the packed_css variable due to checking a cookie that is no longer used.
- Updated the dev toolbar to include an option to clear the cache.
- Fixed the errors that appear when no themelet is activated.
- Fixed the code editor list and a bug that made it fail to trigger the change event when ajax are in play.
- Updated the credits and the footer links in Configurator.
- Updated the module position and blocks reference images with the new positions.
- Tweaked the wording in Configurator’s shelf links.
- Set the global wrap start and end position to only show if the option is enabled.
- Fixed the sidebar module chrome conditionals.
- Fixing bug where Configurator would show as not installed on clean installs on the summary report.
- Updated all links between Configurator and the framework to work with the new system plugin.
- Added new options to the performance tab to manage the new caching engine.
- Fixed the the installer template install confirmation dialog saying Upgraded for first time installs.
- Updated the Configurator installer to automatically install and publish the new framework system plugin.
- Fixed the “customize” links in the Assets tabs. (ie, customize themelet, customize background, etc).
- Fixed the missing scrollbar issue, when selecting logout, but then canceling.
- Swapped the editors save and apply buttons (previously the save button applied and vice versa).
- Lots of refinements to the installers sql, which should prevent time outs.
- Fixed the recycle bin new threshold “divide by zero” bug.
- Extensive updates to the various paths to improve interoperability.
Click here to DOWNLOAD Configurator
Morph template updated to 1.09
- Changing name of Browser class from ‘Browser’ to ‘MBrowser’ to avoid conflicts.
- Fixing php 5.3 bug ‘PHP Warning: Parameter 1 to modNewMainMenuHelper::buildXML()”
- Making caching work a little smarter. Fixing a bug with equal heights + tabs/accordions.
- Updated the inner sidebar module chromes label.
- Making Morph able to clear cache, with empty=cache in the url, not just when the dev toolbar is on.
- Fixed some missing variables that didn’t get transferred to the cache plugin.
- Extensive update to all of the paths.
- Updated the devbar to work with the cache plugin, added a ‘clear cache’ button.
- Fixed the background options that weren’t working after the new cache plugin was introduced.
- Fixing share it links to use the title attribute, instead of making the SEO bleed by modifying the url.
- Added the module position name to the “module position” option of footer type.
- Fixed the bug with the subtext class not working properly.
- Updated all of the templates paths to work seamlessly on different operating systems.
- Moved the css and js logic over to the new framework system plugin.
- Removed the old template.css.php & template.js.php with variables via the url.
- Updated all the dynamic css and js to work with the new plugin.
- Introduced new caching engine.
- Fixed the browser default print view and updated the print.css.
- Fixed the category blog date which was still using the article>created.
- Fixed the automatic inclusion of themelet rtl css file, as well as updated the core frameworks rtl.css.
- Added back the auto inclusion of custom.css or custom.js in the themelet.
Click here to DOWNLOAD the Morph template
Vanilla themelet updated to 1.07
- Tweaked the tabs and accordions spacing in the inset positions.
- Tweaked the child indicator position if subtext isn’t used.
- Adjusted the search input’s width in the top menu block.
- Renamed the ie version of the message icons image so not to be confused with the standard version.
- Optimized all the themelets images with ImageOptim.
- Removed all the old left over images.
- Sprited the themelets base images. (What is CSS Sprites?)
- Removed the custom.css.php and the custom.js.php, as they are no longer needed.
DEMO | DOWNLOAD
For SUPPORT, please visit our forum.
Tags: configurator, framework, Joomla, Morph, vanilla