New versions now available for Morph’s beta testers!
We’ve been hard at work on the new updated versions of the Morph template and Configurator component for Joomla and I’m happy to announce that the new versions are ready for beta testing.
There are extensive updates to the core foundation, with a strong focus on further improving Morphs performance
The highlight of this release is more under the surface than anything, including the new image compression using Data URI’s
, per page caching
You can read more about data-uri’s here:
Here is a tentative list of the updates:
Configurator updated to v1.14
- Removed the full db backup from the Step-by-Step installer.
- Fixed the issue with gzip when caching is off.
- Added a brief explanation of the Joomla SEF Setup option.
- Implemented Data URI’s.
- Set the css and js cache to by browser.
Morph updated to v1.16
- Added a new option to compress images using Data URI’s.
- Extended the caching engine to have per page caching.
- Fixed the issue with the Subhead grid not working.
- Replaced a number of db queries from the modules.php.
- Updated the browser plugin to v1.9.
- Did a number of tweaks to the YUI layouts grid.
- Removed IE7 specific width for user 1 and 2 position with 3 modules in a grid.
- Added a new option to customize the format of the date in the blog and article views.
- Deleted the auto generated copy of com_contact (from testing the themelet overrides).
- Added css file inclusion for iPad, iPod, Android & Blackberry mobile devices.
- Added a fix to prevent lazy load images from working on the iPad.
- Fixed a number of issues with the automatic body classes.
- Fixed the image paths the core colorbox css.
- Extended the themelet html overrides to support more core components.
- Update the logo settings to allow for positioning in other blocks.
- Fixed a php notice in the masthead.
- Removed the menuitemid from session.
- Updated to work with MooTools upgrade plugin found in Joomla 1.5.20 & later.
- Fixed the issue with the caching engine & multiple sessions.
- Fixed the issue with gzip in Internet Explorer.
- Added new common classes to the blocks to
- Added an extra wrapping div around Joomla content only excluding the insets.
- Added a new option to set a Custom body class suffix.
- Fixed the issue with the inline image logo option not working.
- Fixed the issue with the Advert1 and Advert2 positions not working correctly.
Please remember these are BETA versions and should not be used on a live site. Please setup a fresh install using the NEW Quick Installer, new Vanilla and the new builds of Morph and Configurator.
For all beta testers: more information and files download
Not a member yet? Sign up here
Tags: configurator, Joomla, Morph