What is good copywriting? This is the question everyone would like to know the answer to. There’s probably no one right answer either. What is good copywriting for one audience or medium won’t necessarily work well for another.
Are there any “must haves” that are pretty universal?
I think there are. Here’s a list of my “must have” qualities for qualifying as good copywriting. See what you think and feel free to post your list or additions you think are important.
- The style must appeal to its target audience
- It should be clear what product or service is on offer
- Benefits and unique selling propositions should be emphasized
- It should answer the implied question “Why this product and not another?”
- It should help the reader understand why they need the product or service
- It should be interesting and engaging so that the reader wants to know more
- And it should contain a call to action
What do you think?
Munaiba Khan is a professional copywriter with more than 20 years experience. As a qualified web developer she has an appreciation of the needs of web users and has focused her copywriting business, The Copywriter Online, on web content and seo copywriting. Munaiba is a guest Blogger and also blogs on Copy This!
Tags: Copywriting, tools of the trade